So I turned 29 last month, and it got me thinking. There is so much I’ve wanted to do and achieve for some time now so why not set myself a task to complete 30 things before my 30th birthday! I’ve previously writtenÂ a post about where I would like to be in a years time (This Time Next Year), but I feel that is quite a general list. So, here is my list of 30 things I want to achieve by the time I turn 30 (in no particular order!)…
1. Volunteer -Â I’ve always thought about volunteering but have never found the time. This year though I will research what I would like to do and where. I’ll have to make sure I find the time for it!
2. Buy a camera and learn some photography skills -Â I’ve always loved taking photos but have never really been able to develop my skills much. I would love to treat myself to a snazzy new camera and maybe do a course. I want to make sure I take kick ass photos!
3. Learn calligraphy and create awesome art workÂ – OK so I included this in another list (17 Things Before 2017) but it just didn’t happen! I love calligraphy and would really like to try it for myself.Â One thing I would like to do is make a cute little quote for myself. If it goes well, I might even start making them for other people!
4. Re-learn how to knit and make something -Â I learnt how to knit at school but that was far too long ago to remember! Therefore, I would love to re-learn. Then, I could make something that I can actually wear or give to someone as a gift.
5. Visit a new countryÂ – I’ve always loved travelling, but over the years don’t really feel like I’ve been to many places. I would really love to visit a country I have never been to before, wherever that may be.
6. Have a social media breakÂ – I’ve been on Facebook since 2006 and I don’t think I’ve ever had a break from it. I love it for finding out what people are up to and catching up with friends. However, I know sometimes it can be addictive and occasionally detrimental to my health. I find it hard to switch off, but definitely think I need to give myself a bit of a break from it. That goes for Instagram and Twitter too.
7. Get a tattoo – I’ve wanted a tattoo for a while now but have always been too scared. My hubster and momma wouldn’t be very happy with me if I did get one. However, I’m definitely tempted to ‘get inked’Â before I turn 30.
8. Start a familyÂ – Again something I mentioned in a previous post, I would love to start a family very soon. It would be great if it happened in the run up to me turning 30. That would be the best present ever me thinks!
9. Complete a random acts of kindness listÂ – I would like to think I’m all about being kind anyway, but would love to complete a random acts of kindness list. I think it would be fun and feel-good.Â Plus, it would hopefully make other people’s days a teeny bit better.
10. Take a cooking courseÂ – I’ve admitted before I’m not the best cook.Â Therefore, I would definitely like to take a cooking course to improve my skills.
11. Use my Polaroid cameraÂ – I got myself a Polaroid a few years back, full of intentions of using it to print off lots of cute pics. For some crazy reason, it got put in a drawer and was left. However, I’m determined to find it and use it!
12. Donate to a charity shopÂ – I recently did a charity shop haulÂ and realised that I had a lot of unwanted items that I could donate to the charity shop. I get bored with what I have so think it would be a great idea to donate and buy from charity shops.
13. De-clutterÂ – I absolutely need to de-clutter just about everything! I got this book about de-cluttering and tidying up recently. I really need to read it before actioning it and getting more organised!
14. Try a new foodÂ – As I’ve got older I have tried to try new food but think I could be a bit more adventurous. I want to try something completely new over the next year.
15. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 yearsÂ – I think it would be really interesting to write a letter to read when I turn 40. It’s strange to think about how things will have changed over the decade.
16. Visit more places in UKÂ – Again with the travel thing, I don’t feel like I’ve visited enough places within the Â UK. So hopefully this year I’ll be able to explore more what the UK has to offer.
17. Do something that really scares meÂ – I can be reluctant to do things that scare me. Therefore, I definitely need to push out of my comfort zone this year. I’ve always fancied a sky dive so that might be on the cards.
18. Research family historyÂ – I would love to learn more about where I came from, so think it would be so interesting to research my family history. I could even put together a family tree.
19. Learn how to do make upÂ – So I feel like I’ve always sucked at make-up. I didn’t really wear make-up growing up and as a teenager, and it wasn’t until I started going out that I finally tried it. Whilst I’m a bit better now, I still feel totally clueless! IÂ know the amazing looks people create with make-up so would love to learn for myself.
20. Host events at homeÂ – I have no idea why, but the hubster and I never seem to host any of our own events. This is despite being regularly being invited to other people’sÂ houses. I would love to do some events at ours so will make a conscious effort to plan some over the next few months.
21. Earn money from bloggingÂ – I started my blog in October 2016, so it’s still quite early days. I totally love writing posts and it is a great hobby to have. However in a years time, I would love to say that my hobby also allows me to earn a bit too. That’ll allow me to create even better content for you guys!
22. Watch more filmsÂ – I’m totally rubbish for watching films, and probably haven’t watched as nearly as many ‘classics’ as I should have. I’m determined to have a few movie marathons before the big 3-0. I want to be a bit more clued up when people are talking films.
23. Celebrate all of the holidaysÂ – Don’t get me wrong, I love the holidays, but don’t think I really celebrate them enough. It may be because I don’t have kids yet, I’m not sure. However, this year I’m determined to go all out. For example pumpkin carving at Halloween, decorations a plenty at Christmas and egg hunts when it’s Easter.
24. Learn how to meditate properlyÂ – I absolutely need to relax more, and whilst I like the idea of meditation, I don’t really know how to do it. I know there’s apps out there that can help, so will definitely start practising meditation before my next birthday.
25. Do a 30 day challengeÂ – I haven’t decided which one yet, but I would love to do a 30 day challenge. I did a 30 day photo challenge on Instragram back in January all about mindfulness and that was fun. So I would like to do something else for a whole month soon.
26. Learn how to make awesome videos and develop my YouTube channelÂ – So I do have a YouTube channel with a grand total of 3 subscribers (ha, go me!), and a couple of videos on there. But they were simply recorded on my phone and uploaded. I would love to use my new camera (see #2) to record videos and then edit them so they look a bit more awesome. I think it would be fun to do in conjunction with this blog.
27. Beat my anxietyÂ – Many people suffer with anxiety and I am one of those people. I would love to work on it over the next year and attempt to ‘beat’ it as much asÂ I can. If not, I really want to improve it.
28. See a show at the theatreÂ – I love going to the theatre, but it is a rare occurence. There are lots of great shows coming to Birmingham over the next year so I need to make sure I see at least one of them!
29. Do karaokeÂ – I’m not sure I’ve ever done karaoke before, and although I have a pretty rubbish singing voice, I think a night of karaoke sounds like fun!
30. Plan my 30th birthday party – Of course, I need to plan my 30th party! I’m note sure what exactly I fancy doing at the moment, but I guess I can decide more nearer the time. Whilst I’ve stressed a bit throughout my 20s about getting older, I’m actually quite looking forward to getting into my 30s. I can’t wait to see what it brings!
So these are my 30 before 30! Are you turning 30 soon? Do you have a list of things you’d like to do? Or perhaps you’re turning another age and have things you want to achieve before your next birthday! Let me know in the comments.
Until next time…