Wanna know 5 Ways to Establish the Perfect Skincare Routine for Beautiful Skin? Then read on!
Recently, Cosmetify got in touch to see if I would like to collaborate with them on their campaign #skincaresecrets. I was really eager to join in with this campaign as skincare and beauty is something that is important to me (and something I have written about before – beauty posts). Skincare is definitely something you really have to get right in order to have good skin and can be effected by so many factors. Your face is the first thing people see and when you’re around people on a daily basis, so you want to look your best. Plus, I thought it was a fab campaign to be part of so I could discover other people’s skincare secrets too!
Right then, let me explain a little bit about my own skin, before I get onto my top tips to have fabulous skin!
My Skin History
As a teenager I didn’t suffer with acne and breakouts. It came more in my 20s, and now in my 30s. The main reason for this is likely to be because I didn’t really start wearing make-up until my late teens, and had tried to maintain a simple but effective skincare routine up to then.
It has been a challenge over the last few years to find the best skincare routine for me. I’ve tried lots of different brands, some expensive and some more high street. My skin definitely varies throughout the year and even throughout the month. I think this is partly hormonal (oh the joys of being a girl!), as well as me being lazy from time to time and not being thorough enough with taking my make-up off. It’s probably also due to what I eat and drink from time to time, although I do try to have a balanced diet.
Right then, now it is time to introduce you to the wonderful world of Cosmetify.
Cosmetify is a beauty discovery website that contains over 170,000 products from thousands of brands ready for you to browse on their website. They are the perfect search engine for beauty lovers, providing everything you could ever need (and dream of!). This includes make-up, hair products, grooming products, skincare, electricals and toiletires to name a few.
Now Cosmetify is definitely the go to place to buy skincare products – there’s more than 12,000 – so definitely something for everyone! Just having a quick browse on their website introduced me to so many brands and products to help with my skin, many of which I hadn’t seen before. Talking of which, I found the website really easy to use. This was because there is the option to filter in so many different ways – such as by brand, ingredients, skin type and skin concern as well as many more. So this is perfect if you have a real preference or you’re looking out for something in particular. There are also items with various price points, so fab if you’re on a budget, or fancy a little splurge.
Another feature I liked was the option to save items to look at later, by simply clicking on a heart next to the product. This is really handy if you’re looking through a whole host of products. I was also interested in the skincare articles featured on the website which are definitely worth a read, such as those on adult acne and supplements that could be used to help improve skin. After checking out Cosmetify, I was definitely inspired to share my 5 ways to establish the perfect skincare routine for beautiful skin.
5 Ways to Establish the Perfect Skincare Routine for Beautiful Skin
1. Use the Right Products for your Skin
You absolutely need to use the right products for your skin, particularly if you have any skincare issues. Make sure you shop products that are best for your skin, for example if you have acne, blackheads, dry skin etc. It is also important to know what ingredients are in the products you are using so you don’t make your skin any worse. Cosmetify can help with both of these through their easy selection tools. You can select skin concern (or skin benefit, depending on which way you look at it!), as well as ingredient preference. You are also able to select your skin type. So easy to find the best products for you.
2. Have a Schedule
Right, now you’ve got the right products for your beautiful skin, it is time to sort out a schedule! It’s so important to have a good schedule if you want beautiful skin, and something you know you can stick to. This would be the schedule I would recommend:
- Daily – Cleanse, tone, and moisturise in the morning. Make sure you start your day in the right way after being asleep. Plus it’ll really wake you up and make you feel good for the day ahead!
- Night time – Use make-up remover or miscellar water to start of with to get rid of the day’s make up. Then it’s time to cleanse, tone, and moisturise again. You might also want to apply night creams/eye creams. It’s so nice being able to go bed feeling clean and know there’s nothing harmful left on your face overnight. Plus, if you use an overnight cream, its so satisfying knowing it’s working its magic whilst you are snoozing!
- Weekly – Make sure you exfoliate at least weekly (or a little more regularly if you’d prefer – but not daily!) using face scrubs. You might also want to apply a face mask each week that will help your skin.
There are plenty of other skincare products you may want to use such as face oils and serums, I just wanted to make the schedule as quick and easy as possible so anyone can follow it!
3. Be Kind to Your Skin
You definitely need to be kind to your skin and look after it! Here are a few ways in which you can do this:
- Give your skin a rest from make-up from time to time – it’s good to let it breathe!
- Have facials every so often – great for your skin and self care is so important too.
- Try not to touch your face too often – this can be easier said than done, but your hands might not be as clean as you think they are, and just think about what you could be putting on your face. Plus, try not to pick your face, as tempting as it may be!
- Regularly clean your make-up brushes – over time so much residue is left on make-up brushes, so be sure to clean them regularly. You really don’t want to be putting all that rubbish back on your face.
- Change your pillow cases often – your face is on them for a long time each night, so make sure they are clean.
- Always take your make up off – sometimes it is the last thing you feel like doing after a long day, but its very important! If you don’t just think about what you are leaving on your face overnight – yuck!
- Always wear SPF and take care in the sun – the sun can be very damaging to your skin and age it considerably.
4. Take Care of Yourself
As well as taking care of your skin, you need to take care of your whole self, as if you don’t this can be reflected in your skin. Here are a few ways to do so:
- Get enough sleep – 8hrs a night if possible
- Eat well – plenty of fruit and veg, and try and avoid fatty foods
- Drink plenty of water
- Try not to drink too much alcohol
- Relax – stress isn’t good for your skin. Remember self care!
- Take vitamins/safe supplements – good for general well being, as well as there being those that can help with your skin, nail and hair growth etc
5. Don’t Stress about Your Skin
And finally – don’t stress about your skin! Absolutely easier said than done, but we all have bad skin days from time to time. It is so important not to stress and worry about it – in fact this will probably make it worse! As the saying goes, beauty comes from the inside. So remember that and show everyone how truly beautiful you are!
So these would be my 5 ways to establish the perfect skincare routine for beautiful skin. Do you have a good skin routine? What would your #skincaresecrets be? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time…
* This post was written in collaboration with Cosmetify. However all opinions are my own and I would never share something I didn’t agree with myself.