So I’ve recently got back from an amazing summer holiday, and I’ll be sharing the fab hotel we stayed at in a post soon. However, before going away I knew I needed to pack and just didn’t know where to start. I was worried I would forget something vital so thought I would make myself a list to remember absolutely everything! So I wanted to share my list with you guys to help you for when you’re packing for your next summer holiday. My holiday was primarily a beach and pool break so feel free to adapt if your holiday is a little different. Remember to combine this with my post about packing light for the perfect combination!
Daytime Outfits –
- beach throw overs
- trip specific outfits – will you be doing on any trips which mean you have to wear specific clothing such as covering up for visits to religious places?
- outfit for journey home – make sure it works for both your holiday destination, plane journey and home destination. Think about what times in the day/night that you will be at the various places.
- beach bag/daytime bags
TOP TIP: Try and only pack enough outfits for the length of your holiday and perhaps a few spare items just incase. Think about items that can be worn more than once such as a pair of shorts that can be worn with different tops.
Evening Outfits –
- light trousers
- play suits/jump suits
- underwear – that will match with a variety of outfits e.g. flesh coloured bra
- evening bags
TOP TIP: Again, try to only pack enough items for the length of your holiday. You might also want to take travel wash if you intend on wearing something twice.
- shoes suitable for walking longer distances (if appropriate)
- smarter evening shoes
TOP TIP: Think about shoes/sandals that you can wear during the day as well as in the evening too so you don’t need to take so many pairs.
- hair accessories
TOP TIP: Try to only take a small selection of jewellery that will match multiple outfits.
- mp3 player
- plug converters suitable for country travelling to
- hair straighteners/curlers
TOP TIP: Try to take items that are multi-purpose, for example can you use your phone to play music?
Toiletries and Skincare –
- shower gel
- shaving cream
- facial wash
- face scrub
- make up remover
- cotton pads and sticks
- hair spray
- dry shampoo
- heat protection spray
- hair brush/comb/tangle teezer
- sun screen
- after sun lotion
- first aid kit including plasters
- tooth-brush and tooth paste
- paracetamol and selection of appropriate tablets
- medication and vitamins
TOP TIP: Try and take miniatures if your holiday isn’t for very long. Also, find out what your hotel provides so you don’t need to take things that will already be there.
- make-up suitable for the day and evening
- waterproof mascara if you are going to go swimming
TOP TIP: Try and limit the amount you take away with you. You are unlikely to want to wear a lot of make up if it is going to be hot.
Travel Essentials –
- travel money
- money to use at the airport
- travel documents
- insurance details
- European health card if travelling to Europe
- flight bag – full of things you will need on the plane such as books, magazines, neck pillow, ear plugs, puzzle books etc.
TOP TIP: You can buy pretty travel wallets that combine all of your important items in one place.
Extra Items for Beach/Pool –
TOP TIP: Check to see if your hotel provides towels for the pool to save you having to take your own.
So these are all the things I recommend packing for your summer holiday! Plus, I hope the top tips are helpful. Is there anything else you would pack? Let me know in the comments.
Until next time…